Protection from counterfeits in electronics
Counterfeit electronics not only reduces original manufacturers’ revenue, but also presents potential health and life hazard for customers. Resulting manufacturer reputation damage is acutely tangible due to cutthroat competition in consumer and industrial electronics.
Main threats of counterfeit electronics for consumers:
- Smartphones contain a significant amount of harmful lead-and-cadmium-like substances;
- Counterfeit charges can cause a fire or electric shock;
- Reputation damage is acutely tangible due to cutthroat competition in consumer and industrial electronics;
- Use of counterfeit products presents health and life hazard to consumers;
- Counterfeit products may not comply with applicable standards, technical regulations, environmental and safety requirements and do not have necessary supporting documents.